The importance of Cyber Essentials for your business

April 10, 2019



 

cyber main.webp

 

You can help reduce cyber attacks and breaches by up to 80% simply by following the Cyber Essentials guidelines and taking appropriate actions - it's that easy. 

Only 2% of UK companies are left in the dark and still don't operate online, the remaining 98% of us use digital technologies to advance our business on a daily basis, including emails, websites, social media and online stores. 

However, a staggering 43% of these UK businesses have suffered a cyber-attack or breach in the last 12 months, including hacking, viruses and data theft. But it's not just large corporate companies that hackers target, 47% of these were actually small businesses. 

If a cyber breach or attack happened to your business, it might be a relatively minor one and only minimally disrupt day-to-day operations, but at worst it could have a catastrophic impact and not only prevent your business from selling, but could damage your reputation and affect your cashflow. 

The vast majority of these attacks or breaches can be avoided using simple measures, which hackers depend on businesses failing to carry out. But, sadly only 27% of businesses actually have a formal cyber security policy or policies in place.

 

Putting measures in placecyber main 2.webp

Cyber Essentials is a government endorsed scheme for businesses to demonstrate a responsible approach to cyber security and adopting good practice in information security. The scheme can help reduce risks by up to 80% simply by following the guidelines and taking appropriate actions. 

Cyber Essentials covers five key areas:

  • Firewalls and Internet gateways.
  • Secure configuration.
  • Access control.
  • Malware protection.
  • Patch management.

As part of our commitment to cyber security we are Cyber Essentials accredited. And, to extend this security and peace of mind we provide Cyber Essentials guidance and help for our customers to pass the assessment as part of our Managed IT Services on-boarding process. 

Learn more
To learn more about Cyber Essentials click here >> 
To learn more about our Managed IT Services click here >>


*Source of statistics - UK Government Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2018

For more information
Call our experts on 020 8979 3000 or email enquiries(at)viewdata.co.uk 

 

About Viewdata
Viewdata is an expert IT support provider, delivering nationwide IT support, device management and IT solutions to businesses of all sizes since 1991. Our passion, years of experience, commitment and technical excellence provide businesses with proactive, outstanding IT support and services required to maximise IT agility and business continuity. www.viewdata.co.uk 

 

How can we help you...

Have any questions? Want to know more about any of our managed IT services or to discuss outsourcing IT... our expert IT consulting team are at hand.

Whether you're a small, medium or large enterprise, with our IT expertise we can tailor our IT services, cloud services and security servicee to accommodate your business needs whilst enabling innovation, reliability and providing peace of mind.

Get In Touch

Required
Required
Required